A glimpse into Gold Country Winter...
We are thrilled to introduce you to the exciting collaboration that took place at Quartz Hill Estates on November 6th, 2023. We orchestrated a styled shoot filled with creativity, elegance and an enchanting theme that made our hearts skip a beat. To top it off we had the most beautiful sunset after a classic foothills fall rainstorm.
Setting the Scene:
The theme for this styled shoot was "Gold Country Winter," and the inspiration was nothing short of magical. Bold, rich colors brought warmth to the crisp winter air, an abundance of nature's beauty and a touch of golden-hour romance that was simply irresistible. With elements like sun-kissed grasses, moody clouds, dramatic skies and breathtaking vistas that included the iconic Jackson Butte, this shoot captured the essence of a beautifully creative wedding at Quartz Hill Estates located in historic Moklumne Hill, CA.
Meet the Dream Team:
- Kelly Curtis Photo + Video: I’m Kelly Curtis, and I was there to create and capture the enchantment of the day. From concept to execution, to presentation I was excited to bring this vision to life.
- Jessica Hughart - Quartz Hill Estates: As the owner, operator, planner and heart of Quartz Hill Estates, Jessica is the backbone of designing, landscaping and preparing the picturesque wedding venue in Mokulmne Hill. The rustic charm of the venue paired with breathtaking, 360 views gave our shoot life.
- Jenny O Hair and Makeup: Jenny brought her boundless creativity to the table. Her expertise in hair and makeup made our model shine with the teals, golds, reds and creams of Fall.
- Kristi Young - Rustic Roots Decorating and Designs: Kristi was the genius behind our floral arrangements. Her creations were not just creative, a little wild and much spirited - they were works of art. Her centerpieces, bouquet, flower crown and wristlet were nothing short of perfect and elegant.
- Genice - Elegance by Design: Genice provided the beautifully textural and colorful party rentals and everything a bride could ask for to make her special day unforgettable. Her table settings were delectable, abundant and satisfying.
- Becky - Upcountry Cake Pops: Becky ensured the indulgence of the most amazing, earthy, and harvest-inspired wedding treats, not to mention a celebratory toast. She is a true pastry artist and professional.
- Alara Bowsher - Model: We were proud to have Country Music superstar Alara Bowsher as our model for this shoot. With her natural beauty and a elegant country charm, she enchanted us all.
- The Clothes Mine: Our beautiful Casablanca wedding gown was provided by James at The Clothes Mine. We sure miss Tracy. The sparkly ballgown was the embodiment of romance and it played a vital role in bringing our vision to life.
- Liz Curtis - an Assistant Like No Other: Behind every great photographer is an amazing assistant, and in my case, it was my wonderful mother. She anticipated my every need, ensuring that everything ran smoothly, and I couldn't have been more grateful.
Our Gold Country Winter theme came alive with twinkling lights, candles, and a romantic ambiance that was impossible to resist. With contributions from talented and professional artists the dream of a fall styled shoot came true. Thank you to everyone who participated in the Gold Country Winter styled shoot and brought this vision to life.
Rustic Roots Decorating and Designs